Hat Hire Policy
Hat Hire Policy
WOULD YOU LIKE TO HIRE A HEADPIECE?
What you need to do:
1. CONTACT US
You are welcome to arrange an appointment at my Studio in Bodyke to try on my headpieces and book a headpiece in person. I recommend to all of my clients to bring your outfit and accessories along to the appointment along to ensure a good colour match and all of the options can be considered to compliment you and your outfit for your special occasion.
If you wish to book online, please use the Contact Form below, or email email@example.com to check if your chosen headpiece is available for the date of your event.
Please provide as much information as possible including:
- Product Code / Name of the headpiece;
- Date of the event for which it is required;
- Whether you will collect the headpiece from the studio in person or require same to be couriered. I can offer a pre-arranged return courier service if required.
Once you receive confirmation that your headpiece is available this is how to book:
Booking a headpiece which will be collected in person:- If you are collecting the headpiece in person, a payment link will be sent to you and the headpiece can be booked on payment of the relevant HIRE FEE by you. See individual product listings for details of hire fees. All hire fees listed are based on collection of the headpiece in person from the Ailish McElroy Millinery Studio for the 3 day Hire Duration. In addition, on collection of the headpiece from the Studio, a REFUNDABLE SECURITY DEPOSIT of €50 will be payable (see below).
Booking a headpiece for courier:- If you require the headpiece to be couriered to you by DHL, a payment link will be sent to you and the headpiece can be booked on payment of (1) the relevant HIRE FEE, (2) the REFUNDABLE SECURITY DEPOSIT of €50 (see below) and (3) the SHIPPING FEE (usually €20 for DHL with pre-paid return within Ireland). The headpiece is then shipped to you before your event date.
HAT HIRE TERMS & CONDITIONS:
- A hired headpiece to be collected in person from the Studio usually takes place by appointment only. Customers are asked to contact me on the Monday of the week of your event to arrange a suitable collection time.
- Collection of headpieces being delivered by DHL is usually scheduled for Mondays and Tuesdays where the booking is for the following weekend. No guarantee is given as to the delivery time because delivery is outside of our control once the hat-box is collected by DHL from my Studio but normally delivery is 1-2 days and you will receive a Tracking Number.
- In the event that the booked headpiece has not been returned from a previous hire or has been returned in a damaged condition immediately prior to your event date, you will be given the option of choosing an alternative replacement headpiece but obviously this will not be identical to the original booked headpiece (as I do not hold an identical headpiece for any headpiece in my collection), or the Hire Fee (together with delivery charges and deposit, if relevant) paid by you will be refunded.
- HIRE DURATION is usually for THREE days, and the headpiece should be returned (or posted/couriered) back on the next working day after the event date. If the headpiece is not returned within this period, there will be an extra charge for an extra hire, and the Refundable Security Deposit may be forfeited in full or in part. Arrangements can be made in advance for a longer hire duration by agreement.
- Once a headpiece has been booked, a refund will not be given for the hire fee if the booking is cancelled. However, provided that at least 7 days notice is given before the booked date, a credit for the hire fee paid will be given for a cancellation which can be used towards another hire by that customer within the following 12 months. This credit is not transferable. Once a headpiece has been collected for hire or delivered, it is considered a hire, even if it not worn or your event is cancelled and there will be no refund.
- All hat boxes must be returned and in the same condition as when collected. Please do not attach tape etc to the box. When returning a hat by Courier, the hat box must be wrapped in protective packaging prior to attaching the shipping label. Part of the Refundable Security Deposit may be forfeited if the Hat Box has been damaged due to not being wrapped prior to shipping.
- The REFUNDABLE SECURITY DEPOSIT will be refunded on the safe return of the headpiece (and hat box), provided it is returned in the same condition to that in which it was hired. In cases where the headpiece is not returned or there is damage to the headpiece (including grease, make-up, tears, rain damage, or damage to or loss of embellishment) or if it is not returned within the hire duration, the deposit will not be refunded. While Irish weather is always unpredictable, care should be taken not to expose a hat/headpiece to the rain and it should be kept under an umbrella at all times as all hats/headpieces are very vulnerable if subjected to rain. Care should be taken if the headpiece is on elastic, as they rarely break but if your hair is long, pop it up in a bun when putting on the headpiece to prevent stretching it too much, causing it to snap. If a headpiece is damaged beyond repair, the customer will obliged to pay the cost of replacement and the security deposit will be taken into account in calculating the balance payable.
- If returning a headpiece by registered post or courier, headpieces must be packaged securely (and insured to the value with proof of postage if by registered post). Until the headpiece is received back safely to Ailish McElroy Millinery it is the responsibility of the hirer. Please do not put tape directly on the hat box if posting back & package the hat box within protective packaging.
PLEASE NOTE: Hat Hire service is only available to customers on the island of Ireland.